It's the next generation of checking. Get a high interest account with ATM fee refunds.
Get a checking account that pays you back, earning up to 2.50% APY* and refunding ATM fees every month, even when you don't use a State Bank machine! It's simple to qualify for the rewards, and there is never a monthly service fee or minimum balance to earn rewards—ever.
- Earn 2.50% APY* on daily collected balances up to $15,001 (2.47% annual interest rate)
- Earn 2.50% to 0.76% APY* on daily collected balances $15,001 and over (0.50% annual interest rate)
- Earn 0.05% APY* on daily collected balances when qualifications are not met (0.05% annual interest rate)
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds up to $20 per month*
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service charge
- Unlimited check writing with no per check fees
- Debit card
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Free eStatements
- Free telephone banking
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
- $100 deposit to open
- Get more out of your rewards with automatic transfers to help you save and a second great rate of interest by opening a Platinum Savings account.
Getting the Platinum rewards couldn't be easier. Just do these simple everyday banking activities each qualification cycle, that are designed to make managing your money easier:
- Have at least 12 debit card point of sale purchases post and settle (ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.)
- Have at least 1 automatic payment or direct deposit post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive electronic statements
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
If you're not already doing these things, you'll be glad you started! And if you miss the qualifications in one cycle, don't worry about it! You still earn our base rate of interest and you can try and meet the qualification at the very next cycle.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 12/28/11. Minimum to open account is $100. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.50% APY applies to $0.01 - $15,001 and 0.50% APY for balances over $15,001 as long as qualifications are met each qualification cycle. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.50 – 0.76% APY as long as qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Debit card transactions must be point of sale transactions. ATM withdrawals and ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. All qualification transactions must be posted to and settle the account during the qualification cycle. Transactions could take anywhere from, but not limited to, 1-5 business days to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. An ACH transaction could either be a deposit or a withdrawal. ATM fee refunds up to $20 are provided only if qualifications are met within qualification cycle. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying direct deposits or auto debits.
"Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one banking day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one banking day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Your account will be automatically qualified (if you met all the qualification criteria) on that one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle.
If you choose to open a Platinum Savings account, the interest and ATM fee refunds on your Platinum Checking account will be transferred/credited to your Platinum Savings account the first business day following the business day which ended the earnings period. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed on the Platinum Checking account assumes that interest earned in Platinum Checking compounds. However, by choosing to have a Platinum Savings account linked to a Platinum checking, the interest earned in the Platinum Checking account is automatically transferred into the Platinum Savings account at the end of the statement cycle and therefore does not remain in the Platinum Checking account and does not compound.
Enrollment in online banking and in electronic statements is required to meet certain qualifiers. To sign up for electronic banking visit your local branch or print, complete, and return the "Personal On-Line Enrollment Form" located on this website under Personal Services. To sign up for electronic statements check the box on the enrollment form or access the E-Statements tab after logging into on-line banking.